Friday, March 14, 2008

Q & A with Jamont Gordon


After beating Alabama 69-67 in a game that was postponed for an hour after a severe storm ripped holes in the Georgia Dome, Mississippi State junior and Nashville native Jamont Gordon answered a few questions from The Sports VU.

Q: Where were you when you first heard all the commotion?
A: I was at half-court getting to play defense and I heard the rumbling. I stopped paying to attention to defense. I was looking up to see what was going on.

Q: What’d you see?
A: I saw something flying at the top. I thought a vent or something had broken.

Q: Did you get in touch with your mom during the delay?
A: Yeah, I called my mom to see if she was alright.

Q: Are you glad they let you guys finish the game?
A: Yeah. I wasn’t too worried. I didn’t think it was that bad. I’m glad they let us finish.

Q: Would you have said that if you lost?
A: Probably not (laughter). I’m glad we got the victory.

Q: Since you’re from Nashville, do you have any relationships with the Vandy players?
A: I know all of them. I go out there in the summer and play with those guys every day and we know each other very well. Some of them I’ve even been out at parties with.

Q: You’re one of my favorite players in college basketball because there’s really nobody else to compare you to. Have you tried modeling your game after anybody?
A: I think I have a unique game. I’ve never modeled my game after anybody, but I do take things from different people’s games, bigger guards that play in the NBA.

Q: Kobe or Lebron?
A: Kobe.

Q: Good choice. Music you listen to before games?
A: I listen to a lot of Young Buck because he’s from Nashville.

Q: What’s it like having Jarvis (Varnado) at the back of the defense?
A: He’s a great shot blocker. I’ve never seen anybody like him.

Q: What’s it like going at him practice? It can’t be fun.
A: Nah, I kill him. He can’t see me. (Jarvis, who was in the locker next to Jamont, clearly disagreed).

No comments: