Monday, July 28, 2008

Gordon, Neltner reunited in Turkey

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Former Vanderbilt basketball players Alex Gordon and Ross Neltner will be playing together for a professional team in Bursa, Turkey, reported Brett Hait of The Nashville City Paper.

Neltner signed a contract earlier in the summer and Gordon followed suit last week after mulling options from teams in France and Germany.

“I always told myself that if I had the opportunity to go play with somebody I knew, I was going to take that,” Gordon said. “That came about and it’s going to be a good experience for me, being out of the U.S. and being out of my element and playing with somebody I know.

“We already have a chemistry that most people don’t have. It should be great.”

Bursa finished 12-18 last season, but you can bet that Neltner and Gordon are ready to right the ship.

“Maybe I’m a little naïve going into international basketball, thinking we can make a huge difference, but we’ve always been on winning teams,” Neltner said. “Hopefully we’ll bring that winning mindset and winning mentality over there.”

Neltner and Gordon plan to head overseas following a wedding in Indianapolis on August 9. The friend getting married? None other than former Vanderbilt teammate Dan Cage.

No comments: