Monday, April 14, 2008

Commodore Banter (4/14)

Brandt Snedeker may have lost his smile ever so briefly after finishing third in his first Masters as a professional, but he still has a great career ahead of him, writes Joe Biddle.

Snedeker left it all on the course, as he says in his Masters diary:

All in all, it was a great week. I am disappointed in the way I played the last round, but it's a learning experience. I know I'm not Tiger Woods. I'm not going to win the Masters my first time. But there is nothing I would change. I wouldn't change one shot, wouldn't change one putt. I think I left everything out on the golf course.

I was so impressed with the crowds. They were fantastic. They really were behind me when things were going bad out there, and it meant a lot to me. They were great. After I got back with my family, we all had a big hug. It was important that they told me they loved me, and that means a lot to me.

I am going to Hilton Head (S.C.) tomorrow and play in the Heritage. Maybe I can find out over there what went wrong Sunday.

Snedeker drew praise from all audiences, including the Vanderbilt Sportsline blog.

The baseball team swept the Bulldogs; Pedro Alvarez went deep. They don't get any tougher than Alex Feinberg.

Nick Cromydas was the man for the men's tennis team, again.

There's word within this notebook that Shan Foster earned team MVP honors while Festus Ezeli won "most improved."

Tom Hicks writes a nice piece on former Dores first baseman Cesar Nicholas.

One Aussie blog speculates that A.J. Ogilvy is a lock for the first round.

In case you missed our...

No comments: