Saturday, July 12, 2008

IMG preparing to help continue torturing us with the BCS


I think most college football fans will agree with me when I say that I am sick and tired of the BCS. According to the biased yet informative website College Football Playoffs, the number is actually 4 out of 5.

Not that we as Vanderbilt fans have much to worry about in the way of our team being left out of the big game, but come on, I know you want to see a playoff anyway. That's not really the point though. There are plenty of places for you to read about the whole BCS vs. Playoffs debate with people that know a lot more about the situation than I do.

What I do know, however, is that IMG's recent deal to negotiate the rights to the BCS TV package when it expires this fall means that we won't be getting rid of the flawed system anytime soon.

Read about the deal here, courtesy of AOL Fanhouse.

No comments: